If you have a farm that uses sustainable growing methods, a farmers market or a store carrying regional food products and you would like it listed here, send details to email@example.com.
Local Farms & Food Producers
- B–M Farms: Keachi, LA
- Belle Hembree Farms: pastured, organically fed, hormone free, antibiotic free specialty meats and eggs and producing All Natural Bone Broths. (318) 681-2493
- Doodley Dee’s Farm: state-of-the-art hydroponic and aquaponic farm in East Texas. Growing all natural, pesticide free, non-GMO food for your family. Karnack, TX, (318) 402-1811.
- Flowing Hills Creamery (milk, cream, butter), 8375 Hwy 175, Belmont, LA
- Haute Goat Creamery (Artisan Goat Cheese), 415 N. High St, Longview, TX
- Jennings Apiaries: (honey, bees wax products) Certified Naturally Grown beekeeping operation based out of Ruston, La. We run a completely chemical free operation and produce raw honey as well as all natural skin care made from our bees wax. (318) 243-2772
- Mahaffey Farms, 440 Mahaffey Rd, Princeton, LA (5 miles east of Louisiana Downs). Pastured meats and fresh produce using sustainable methods.
- Shady Grove Ranch: Grass-fed beef, pastured pork, pastured chicken, pastured eggs and pastured turkey raised at this sustainable family farm in Jefferson, TX.
- Smith Family Farms, 6581 Hwy 527, Doyline, LA. Pastured cows and sheep. Contact info: 318.655.7218 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Farmers’ Markets
Be sure to check websites or Facebook pages for days and hours of operation.
- Benton Farmers’ Market
- Cane River Green Market
- Minden Farmers’ Market
- Ruston Farmers’ Market
- Shreveport Farmer’s Market
Grocery Stores Carrying Local Meats and Produce
Restaurants & Food Shops that Support Local/Sustainable Producers
- Field Trip: Haute Goat Creamery on June 25, 2017 2:00 pm